NXP i.MX 93 ARM Cortex-A55 / M33
The MSC SM2S-IMX93 SMARC 2.1.1 module family is highly scalable and equipped with i.MX 93 Applications Processors manufactured by NXP. The processors integrate ARM Cortex-A55 cores, bringing performance and energy efficiency to Linux-based edge applications and the ARM Ethos-U65 microNPU, enabling developers to create more capable, cost-effective and energy-efficient machine learning (ML) applications. The i.MX 93 processors deliver advanced security with integrated EdgeLock secure enclave and an efficient 2D graphics processing unit (GPU).
The MSC SM2S-IMX93 provides fast and low power LPDDR4 memory technology with inline ECC support, combined with up to 256GB eMMC Flash memory. Various interfaces for embedded applications such as Dual Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, CAN-FD, dual-channel LVDS or MIPI DSI and MIPI CSI for connecting a camera are available. An on-board Wireless Module is provided as assembly options. The typical design power ranges from 2 W to 4 W.
The module is compliant with the new SMARC 2.1.1 standard, allowing easy integration with SMARC baseboards. For evaluation and design-in of the SM2S-IMX93 module, Avnet Embedded provides a development platform and a starter kit. Support for Linux is available (Android support available on request).
- Single or Dual core ARM Cortex-A55 Applications Processors up to 1.7GHz
- ARM Cortex-M33 Real Time Processor at 250MHz
- ARM Ethos-U65 microNPU with 256 MACs/Cycle
- Pixel processing pipeline (PXP) engine
- Up to 2GB LPDDR4 SDRAM with inline ECC
- Up to 256GB eMMC Flash
- Single-channel LVDS / MIPI-DSI x4 (optional)
- MIPI CSI-2 Camera Interface
- 4x USB 2.0 Host interfaces
- 1x USB 2.0 Host/Device interface
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless Module (optional)
- 1x MMC/SD/SDIO interface
- 2x CAN-FD interfaces
- 2x I2S Audio interfaces
- 14x GPIO
- UART, SPI, I2C
- SMARC 2.1.1 Compliant
- Energy Flex Architecture
- Optimized design for low power applications