Renesas RZ/G2UL ARM Cortex-A55/M33
The new MSC SM2S-G2UL SMARC 2.1.1 module family is equipped with cost-effective and power-efficient RZ/G2UL ARM Cortex-A55 processors, manufactured by Renesas. The module integrates a single-core ARM Cortex-A55 processor running at 1.0 GHz, an ARM Cortex-M33 real-time processor and an Image Processing Unit to support entry level HMI applications. The typical design power ranges from 3 to 4 W.
The MSC SM2S-G2UL offers cost-effective DDR4 memory technology, combined with up to 256GB eMMC Flash memory. Various interfaces for embedded applications such as Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, dual CAN-FD, dual-channel LVDS and MIPI CSI-2 for connecting a camera are available. An on-board Wireless Module is provided as assembly options.
The module is compliant with the new SMARC 2.1.1 standard, allowing easy integration with SMARC baseboards. For evaluation and design-in of the MSC SM2S-G2UL module, Avnet Embedded provides a development platform and a starter kit. Support for Linux is available (Android support on request).
- ARM Cortex-A55 Microprocessor at 1.0GHz
- ARM Cortex-M33 Real Time Processor at 200MHz
- Image Processing Unit
- Up to 2GB DDR4 SDRAM with inline ECC
- Up to 256GB eMMC Flash
- Dual-channel LVDS
- MIPI CSI-2 Camera interface
- Up to 4x USB 2.0 Host interfaces
- 1x USB 2.0 Host/Device interface
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless Module (optional)
- MMC/SD/SDIO interface (optional)
- Up to 2x CAN-FD interfaces
- Up to 2x I2S Audio interfaces
- 14x GPIO
- UART, SPI, I2C
- SMARC 2.1.1 Compliant
- Entry level HMI and Vision applications